If you are looking for one of the best headphones that you can use for your office book, you have arrived at the right place. In today’s date and time, the market offers endless options that you can choose from, and this sometimes becomes extremely confusing. Reading through this post, you will understand the different types of headphones available in the market and which one you should pick to carry out your office work efficiently.
When planning to buy a new pair of headphones, the three main factors influencing your decision are our price, features, and brand. This may not be the only factor that can blur your decision; there may be several other features while selecting a pair of headphones, some of which you may be aware of and the others not. Another important factor that helps in your purchase is for what purpose you may be buying these headphones. An individual can consider buying headphones to enjoy good music or even can select best headphones for office calls.
Things to consider before you make your purchase
Type: the first and foremost thing that you must consider before picking your headphones is the type. Three basic types of headphones are on-ear, in-ear, and over-the-ear. Let’s talk about each of them in a little more detail.
- In-ear headphones: one of the most commonly used earphones that sit in your ear canal is in-ear headphones. These are one of the most portable headphones when compared to the other two. These in-ear headphones also have different qualities depending upon their use. There are headphones that are available in aircrafts and are mostly made of disposable material. There are ones that smartphone companies provide, and finally, there is a market for high-quality in-ear headphones. Choosing this type of headphone is great if you’re looking for a compact design with decent quality noise cancellation and if you are somebody who leads an active lifestyle.
- On-ear: These types of headphones are the ones that sit perfectly on your ear but do not entirely cover the ear. Both the sides of the headphones are connected via a band that runs behind your neck or over your head. These headphones are much more compact than the over-the-ear headphones.
- Over-ear: these are also commonly termed circumaural headphones. Which type of headphones fully cover your ears. This type of headphones is considered the largest of all the three mentioned types. It has great noise cancellation and is usually considered very comfortable compared to in-ear and on-ear headphones. Because of the great noise cancellation, the sound quality of these headphones is enhanced.
- Open back or closed back: the closed back pair of headphones and ones that have an outer casing that has no vents or holes in them. Which types of headphones usually contain the sound inside the headphone and prevent any outdoor noise from entering. Having closed-back headphones can sometimes create a feeling of an unreal experience because of total noise cancellation. Irrespective of this being said, it is one of the great choices when selecting your office headset since it creates a barrier between your audio experience and any external factors that could interfere in any way. Closed-back headphones are also a great choice for musicians who are constantly using these for recording purposes.
Open-back headphones are the type of headphones that are not as silent as closed-back. They allow some level of outer noise to be heard. These headphones ensure that there is no pressure build-up inside the ear cups and also allow some level of air to pass through them. Open-back headphones do not mean that it is any less quality since several premium brands have now launched open-bag headphones so that they can make the audio sound much more natural. Charter Spectrum Cable Plans Comes to the Rescue.
- Wired or wireless: in previous years, wired headphones were considered a luxury, but that is not the case as the market has exploded with thousands of budget-friendly options that come in wireless form. From budget-friendly to high-end luxury headphones, one can easily find wireless options in all price brackets.
- Sensitivity: if you are somebody who is very picky about the audio level or volume, considering the sensitivity of headphones is a major factor. By sensitivity, we mean how loud can a pair of headphones sound. The most common range of sensitivity for headphones is between 96-110 dB. When the sensitivity of headphones goes below 85, they are considered soft volume, and when they go beyond 110, they have a chance of damaging your ear.
- Drivers: it is the job of the driver to convert Electric signals into the musical sound that you hear. It can easily be said that the larger the size of your driver better will be the quality of your audio. Drivers have a tendency to boost bass levels, treble, and mids which results in enjoying the full listening experience. There are two main types of drivers based on the type of technology they use. These are dynamic drivers and balanced armature. A dynamic driver is not only considered more durable but also much cheaper than a balanced armature.
- Fit and comfort: It is extremely important that you select headphones that offer utmost comfort, especially when you wear these headphones for longer hours. When we have to select one headphone that provides utmost comfort, it would be over-ear headphones. The only thing you should be keeping in mind is that the headphones headband does not hurt your head when worn for longer hours.
- Sound profile: another important feature when you are buying a pair of headphones is considering the sound profile you like. There are three basic types of sound: warm, bright, and neutral.
All the mentioned above are some of the most important features in headphones that you must look into before you buy yourself a pair of headphones. Choose headphones that are not only pocket friendly but also offer a great listening experience even when they are worn for longer hours.